Monday, June 2, 2008

Homework Blues

Well, the summer vacations have started and it's that time of the year again. To be more specific, it's time for *drum-roll* HOMEWORK!!!

I'm supposed to have started days ago. You see in IB, we're supposed to be a self motivated lot of kids. But the thing is, there are sketching and reading and catching up on movies and shopping to do. And not to forget the very important social element of every teenagers life - friends. So, basically, I've managed to get nothing done, and am feeling very guilty about it.

When I was a kid, I used to wonder if homework could get any tougher than this (well, technically I AM still a kid.). Well now I know it can! I now have a 4000 words Extended essay, a 1600 words TOK essay (topics for which are presently rotting in my inbox) and my chemistry (>.<) homework (lying somewhere in the deep, dark, yet-to-be-explored recesses of my school bag) to do. Add to that, my SAT preparation (all my Harvard dreams shattered cruelly by my last results) and math tuitions I 'should' be starting with soon and what do you get? Me, at my creative peak! My sketches are turning out better than ever. I've decided to take drums lessons and what-not. All I need to now do, is consider taking up a sport (which, knowing my undying resistance to physical activity, isn't about to happen in the near future).

It may sound like an excuse, but it's also very hot. And which lethargy infused student wants to study when it's hot? I mean the whole idea of a 'summer vacation' is, well, vacation. Rest, relax, refuel, recharge and most importantly, recuperate! Which sadistic idiot came up with the idea of holiday homework anyway? I frequently wish I could go way back to the Anne of Green Gables era, or even better, the Pride and Prejudice era. What better, than spending your time flirting with cute, gentleman-like boys, with the aim of snagging one of them in holy matrimony? Okay, now I'm rambling!

I have dreams, I am ambitious, and, well, I plan on ‘being the change’ *super-hero stance*. I'm no bimbo, spending every minute of my time dreaming (read: fantasizing) about Zac Efron *drool*. I plan to become famous, I'll have you know! And I still have a month to do my homework! (Ah! There you go. Out pours the reason for these dark, sinful confessions: the ever effective-guilt!)

Ah! I see! You don’t believe me! You think I’m making excuses! Well then you yellow-bellied, dastardly poltroon! I’ll show you! You think you can snigger and walk off without my noticing, do you?! Well, just you wait! I’m off to my books now. Even my open sketch book won’t stop me! Just you see! You’re one of those people who think no one's as perfect as they are! Yes? Well, here then. Take a look at these sketches! Bet you can’t do even one as good as these! Took me years of practice Ah, see you admit it yourself! Wait, stop it this instant! I demand to know what you’re laughing at, at once!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my first SAT attempt sucked as well...got 1750... :P ...gave it a second time,got 2040-decent,but not good enough...i'm giving it a third time this october,and with loads of prep and *experience* up my sleeve,i'm hoping for something close to a 2200...*hopefully* i should get it..are you from pune?coz if you are,we could meet up sometime...

Anonymous said...

and take it from an ardent procrastinator of the laid-back variety...aka moi...if you ain't motivated to do something,you ain't gonna do it well,or perhaps you won't do it at all...self-motivation is rare to come by in people like us,and we constantly need "external stimuli" to get us going...(sigh)...makes me wonder whether we'd be like that for the rest of our lives or not...0_0